Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Change the way

Peace upon you..:)



I noticed that whenever we (this 'we' I'm saying refer to two muslims only) are praying in a jemaah, the position of makmum is at the right side of imam and will be slightly behind the position of where the imam is standing.

I'm saying that because I also do it before and see other people (mungkin melayu je kowt..) do it with my own eyes.

But recently I found something interesting when I searched about position of ONE makmum during pray with an  imam in a jemaah cause someone ask me so I just want to confirm it.(See below..)

Position of makmum with imam (one makmum only):

Makmum stands at the right side of imam in a line not like how we malay usually do where makmum stands slightly behind the imam.

Narrated Ibn Abbas: He performed sunat prayer with Rasulullah S.A.W. (in a jama'ah) and he stood besides prophet (at the left side where the prophet was standing), then Rasulullah S.A.W. pulled Ibn Abbas to his right side. (Bukhari-Muslim)

Mufti Samahah Ibn Baz explained this hadith in a way that Ibn Abbas stood besides Rasulullah S.A.W. in a linear arrangement.

Rasulullah S.A.W. said:

"Conveys (the message from me; even if only one verse."


Wallahualam...

Source:http://qasolatjemaah.blogspot.com/2009/01/kedudukan-seorang-makmum-dengan-imam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts